Saturday, October 17, 2009

Last Week of Teaching!!!

This past week was my last week of teaching. I just did language arts. It went well. Nothing too crazy happened. My CT told me exactly what to do and answered any questions for me. I saw the principal on Wednesday and she went over the form with me and how my lesson went. She said she thought it went well. She really did not have anything bad to say. One of the other teachers was getting rid of some books and gave them to me. She had a box full of books, which were quite old, but I don’t care. I need to start with something.
This coming week I will be observing in some other classrooms. Tuesday I will observe the whole day in a first grade class. Wednesday I will observe afternoon kindergarten and on Thursday I will observe a fourth grade class. Hopefully, I will get a good idea about which grade I would like to teach, if I were to have a choice.
I have been talking more with my next CT. She has never had a student teacher before which makes me a little nervous. She told me that the students are going to be starting fractions when I get there. I cannot wait to teach math! I really feel that I am supposed to teach math, and definitely not language arts.

1 comment:

  1. That is great that you will be able to observe a lot of classes this week. I agree, you are very talented in math. I pray that you really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete